Electronic cigarettes have been growing in popularity since introduced to America in 2007. Currently approximately 19% of adults in Nebraska use electronic cigarettes (2016 Adult Tobacco Survey) and almost 9.4% of Nebraska youth have used an electronic cigarette in the last 30 days (2017 Youth Risk Behavior Survey).
Staying on top of new trends your kids are exposed to, harmful or not, is hard! The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department Tobacco Prevention Team has made it easy for you to learn the increasing trend of youth vaping here in Lancaster County. Watch this quick video to learn how e-cigs affect health, how to identify the #1 youth vaping product, and how youth are vaping at schools and events.
Some facts you should know:
- Most electronic cigarettes contain nicotine
- Nicotine harms brain development
- Electronic cigarettes are not recommended for pregnant women or adolescents
- Electronic cigarettes are not an FDA approved way to quit tobacco
- Electronic cigarettes are not just harmless water vapor